Our website baltimoresun.com has been digitally remastered to fit your life. A Baltimore Sun membership is your all-access premium content pass to comprehensive local news, entertainment, sports and commentary.
Only digitalPLUS subscribers get complete access to exclusive investigative coverage, local opinion and commentary, in-depth home team sports coverage, photo galleries and video, blogs and more.
The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police.
Columnists and Blogs
Mike Preston wrote the story on the Ravens’ first game in Baltimore in 1996, and he has been covering the team ever since. The Kenwood High and Towson University alum has been writing for The Sun since 1987, and he has been a columnist since 2000. In addition to the Ravens, Mike also covers local and national college lacrosse.
The Darkroom, the photography and video blog of The Baltimore Sun, shines a light on visually captivating stories of our past and present. It showcases the exciting work of our staff, offers tips in the craft, and highlights the emerging community of independent media makers.
The Baltimore Sun’s television critic since 1989, David Zurawik has examined the medium’s most compelling programming, the state of broadcast journalism, the death of appointment TV and other key media questions. He authors The Sun’s Z on TV blog, is heard weekly on WYPR-FM and has appeared regularly on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” and Fox News’ “Media Buzz.”
Readership Has Its Perks› MORE OFFERS
Sun Insider provides Baltimore Sun digital and print subscribers with money-saving coupons, contests and discounts on entertainment, sporting events, dining and other services. Additionally, you can rely on the Baltimore Sun Store for unique and exclusive items connected to this great city we are all so passionate about, Baltimore!
Connect in more ways
Portfolio and Affiliated Businesses
NEWS & COMMENTARY
• Explanatory criminal justice and courts reporting from Sun journalists Justin Fenton, Justin George and Alison Knezevich.
• Our Maryland Politics blog, your source for political news and gossip from the Mason-Dixon line to the Potomac.
• Up-to-the-minute breaking news coverage from Baltimore Sun Media Group staffers.
• Real estate, gambling and consumer interest news from our business desk.
• Maryland Voices: Staff editorials, letters to the editor and commentary from writers across the country.
• Data-driven projects, interactive applications and online presentations from The Sun's interactive design team.
• The Sun's investigative team keeps Maryland readers informed and leaders of institutions in check with award-winning watchdog journalism.
• The latest Ravens news, notes and analysis from beat reporters Jeff Zrebiec and Aaron Wilson.
• Hot Ravens takes from veteran Sun columnist Mike Preston.
• Orioles news, notes and analysis from Camden Yards by Eduardo A. Encina, Dan Connolly and Peter Schmuck.
• Tracking the Terps: Don Markus and Matt Zenitz bring you the latest basketball and football news from College Park.
• Baltimore Sports Blitz: Irreverent commentary on the Ravens, Orioles and Terps from Jon Meoli.
• Catching Up With: Longtime Sun sportswriter Mike Klingaman talks to Baltimore sports stars of yesteryear.
• High school sports coverage on our Varsity Letters blog.
LIFESTYLE & ENTERTAINMENT
• Want the latest news and reviews from Baltimore's after-hours scene? Wesley Case has you covered at Midnight Sun.
• Baltimore Diner has restaurant news as well as Maryland eats, drinks and cooking from The Sun's Richard Gorelick.
• Longtime Sun critic David Zurawik's often biting, often hilarious takes on the business and culture of television.
• Want to know what's happening in Baltimore? b the site will hook you up with all the news you need, plus the lowdown on bars, clubs and nightlife.
• At Baltimore Insider, you'll find celebrity news and notes on Maryland personalities and politics from reporter Julie Scharper.